Welcome to Pick Homeopathy
I am a Classical German Homeopath,
practicing in Nelson, New Zealand.
This means, first of all, I will take my time to really listen to you to find out what your needs are.
And when I say listen, I really mean listen.
This is why a first appointment can take some time. It's is to find out exactly what you need.
I will prescribe for you small doses of natural substances to stimulate your body's own ability to heal. The aim is to get you back to a healthy state, physically and mentally.
I regularly see old issues and conditions just melt away. My patients often report, that not only do they feel well, happy and energised, but they are more resilient. Their immune system can deal with any incoming infection the way it was designed to.
Here is a quote from one of my clients:
I loved receiving this text, because it shows so beautifully the state where healing takes place.
WHAT IS HOMEOPATHY?
Homeopathy is a traditional system of medicine, which has been practiced in Germany, where I come from, for well over two hundred years. In that country, it is studied at medical school and used by many GPs who want to avoid over-prescribing of substances like antibiotics.
Because of the way Homeopathy works , it can be offered to people with the following conditions:
- Common conditions like colds and flu
- Recurrent conditions, like migraines or ear infections
- Childhood behavioral problems
- Sleeping disorders
- Injuries to bone or muscle tissue
- the list goes on....
One of my personal favourites is helping a patient regain their health to such an extent, that they free themselves from addictions like tobacco smoking.
WHY USE HOMOEOPATHY?
- Homoeopathy is gentle and suitable for all ages as it is so well tolerated. This is why it is often the treatment of choice for pregnant women and babies. It is applicable for all those earaches, nappy rashes, and other things that make your time with your baby less than enjoyable.
- Homoeopathy works to stimulate your immune system, unlike some other approaches, which aim at suppressing symptoms. As an example, the cough reflex is the body’s attempt to clear the lungs, why would we want to switch off something that that has such a function? It would be like disconnecting the oil light that is blinking in your car, and thinking that solves the problem! In Homoeopathy our aim is to get your own immune system to deal with the infection.
- Homoeopathic remedies are non-addictive – once good health is felt you simply stop taking them.
- Homoeopathy treats the whole person. This means that it addresses the full health of an individual, not just some parts that are playing up right now.
DO I STOP TAKING MY PRESCRIBED MEDICATION?
Homoeopathy can work well alongside your medication; there is no need to stop this until you are better. We do not aim to replace mainstream medicine, and will certainly advise you to seek appropriate treatment when required.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A CONSULTATION?
As a homoeopath I will take the time to listen to you and treat you as a unique individual. This involves us exploring not only your present health condition, but also your history, family health history, diet, etc.
For this reason you will need to allow up to one and a half hours for the first appointment.
Subsequent appointments – anything from 2 weeks to one month later - are much shorter.